Thanks again for visiting my little corner of the world wide web. I have been interested in cars and motorsport almost since I can remember! I enjoy almost all forms of motorsport be it on two wheels, three wheels, four wheels or more!
In terms of photography I particularly enjoy covering the national club racing scene. Here in the UK we are very fortunate to have such a wide variety of championships which provide plenty of competitive, close and exciting racing.
I hold £5 million worth of Public Liability Insurance and my work is used by many well known publications and brands. As well as covering race meetings I also work on private test days. I've been doing this now for well over 10 years so I'm used to being around a race track, and fully aware of the risks it can present.
Outside of motorsport and photography I enjoy many other sports including football, snooker, darts, boxing and golf. I also enjoy a bit of sim racing. When I have the time you may find me online on Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, iRacing or rFactor2. Prior to that I was once fairly handy at GPL (Grand Prix Legends). No doubt that if I had a little more £££ I'd like to be out there racing for real myself!
Here's a few random pics of me in action:
Equipment... I try to use the best kit I can get my hands on. My current camera & lens setup consists of the following (acquired date in brackets)...
• Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Digital SLR Body (January 2018)
• Canon EOS 90D Digital SLR Body (September 2019)
• Canon 600mm F4 L IS II USM Lens (August 2019)
• Canon 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 L IS II USM Lens (July 2015)
• Canon 24-70mm F4 L IS USM Lens (March 2014)
• Canon 50mm F1.8 Lens (November 2005)
• Canon 16-35mm F4 L IS USM Lens (March 2016)
• Canon 1.4x III Extender (October 2014)
• Canon Speedlite 430 EX II Flashgun (October 2016)
• GoPro Hero 7 Black (September 2018)
• GoPro Hero 5 Session (2017)
• DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone (September 2018) - REVIEW COMING SOON
Some of my previously owned equipment includes...
• Canon EOS 1DX Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 1D Mark IV Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 1D Mark IIN Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 1D MkIII Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Body
• Canon EOS 20D Digital SLR Body
• DJI Mavic Air Drone (January 2018) - REVIEW COMING SOON
• Canon 600mm F4 L USM Lens
• Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport Lens - REVIEW COMING SOON
• Canon 500mm F4 L IS USM Lens
• Canon 400mm F2.8 L IS II USM Lens
• Canon 400mm F5.6 Lens - CLICK HERE FOR MY REVIEW
• Canon 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens
• Canon 300mm F2.8 L IS II USM Lens
• Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens - CLICK HERE FOR MY REVIEW
• Canon 70-300mm F4-5.6 Lens
• Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II USM Lens
• Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Lens
• Canon 24-105mm F4 IS USM Lens
• Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens
• Sigma 2.0x Extender
• Canon 1.4x II Extender
• Canon 25mm Extension Tube
• Canon Speedlite 430 EX Flashgun
Publication... I am fully insured/accredited and as mentioned earlier my photos are frequently used in both online and printed media. My photography has featured in almost all mainstream UK based motorsport publications as well as many other well known magazines. Some of my work has even been published further afield including the Netherlands, South Africa and Australia.
Future... I would like one day to cover the Daytona 500 and Bathurst 1000. However until that opportunity arises I shall strive to continue improving and providing better work for my clients. At the moment I have no real desire to work on a full-time basis, instead I enjoy the flexibility of shooting selected events when I can - it keeps things fresh!
PHOTOGRAPHY AT BRANDS HATCH
LENS REVIEWS FOR MOTORSPORT PHOTOGRAPHY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
[Back to top]